A landing page that coincides with your ad copy will increase the quality score of your ad, leading to a better ranking position and a lower CPC. It is recommended that your AdWords campaign is structured around your website to ensure each of your landing pages are relevant to your ad. If there is an aspect of your business that you specifically want to advertise, but are using your homepage as the landing page, it is necessary to create a landing page specifically for that part of your business to complement that ad.
When creating your AdWords campaigns, always remember to:
- make your ad as relevant as possible based on the keywords chosen
- utilize the use of ad groups to create groupings within your campaign to secure a more correlated ad
- include keywords into your ad copy while providing as much information as possible about your business
- create multiple ads for each ad group, and
- constantly monitor your data on a weekly basis, making necessary adjustments to improve your results.
Because of its complexity, we recommend investing time to fully learn the AdWords platform or hire a Google certified agency. If interested in hiring an outside agency, contact us. Ocreative is a Google certified marketing agency that sets up and monitors AdWords campaigns for our clients on a daily basis.