As part of a new requirement from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) you’ll be required to verify your email address within 15 days of purchasing the domain. If you don’t, the domain name will be suspended until the time you verify your information. It only takes a few clicks, though – here’s how:
An email with the subject “VERIFICATION REQUIRED…” containing a verification link will be delivered to the email address that was entered when buying the domain. After you’ve found and opened the email:
- Click the link that begins with “https://approve.domainadmin.com/registrant/?verification_id=XXXXXX&key…”
- If clicking the link does not work, copy+paste the text of the link into a web browser’s address bar.
- Follow the instructions of the email including:
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Click Submit.
- After confirming your email address, your domain status is OK and no further action needs to be taken.